Pic1: my 2014 leek patch, some 350 leek plats
leek soups, boiled leeks
- leek consommé & soup
- leek soup with cream #1
- leek soup with cream #2
- leek egg drop soup
- leek & potato soup x5
- frozen leek soup reheated
- leek soup like onion soup
- a very different leek soup (mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, ground meat)
- elephant garlic soup
I have done this many times, but don't seem to have pictures of it. Sautéed leeks have a butter-saucy look and flavor. They have a stronger taste than boiled leeks, because the flavor doesn't get dissolved in the soup.
- Cut, clean, wash the leeks whites.
Discard the greens. Chickens love them.
- Cut into rings or small pieces.
It is possible to braise leek trunks whole, but will take longer cooking times.
- Heat butter / olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add chopped leeks.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the leeks are soft.
Extra liquid is likely not necessary. Just in case, add 1/2 to 1 cup of water at a time to prevent burning.
- Serve and enjoy.
3 internet pictures
Pic2: -4: sautéed leeks, different presentations
Boil or sauté the leeks, as you prefer, and drain thoroughly before adding the sauce.
leek shepherd pie
See leek shepherd pie for recipe
Pic5: crescent or puff pastry dough, cooked ground meat
Pic6: layer 2: leek whites, cooked
Pic7: mashed potatoes