a. stovetop roast beef with aioli, pan-fried potatoes
Again a small top-round roast cooked stovetop. This one is one of the few such that were served as a main meal. I served this one with no-egg aioli and pan-fried potatoes.
Pic5: small stovetop roast
Pic6: rest, slice
Pic7: nice and evenly reddish pink
Pic6: served with aioli ...
Pic7: ... and pan-fried potatoes
b. refried roast beef
This roast was already cooked. Instead of warming up the entire roast again, I cut off a steak and refried this like a regular steak. Because the inside was already cooked, all it really needed was a brief searing on both sides. Don't overdo it unless you like shoe-leather steaks.
Pic8: refry roast beef like a thin steak
- Keep the pan hot enough to sear the steak.
- Sear briefly both sides and serve immediately.
- two roasts
- the unroasted roast = sous-vide
- mole roast = fake sous-vide
- veal / beef Orloff
c. roast beef, served cold
We have those roast beef leftovers in the fridge. It is quite delicious cold too.
Pic11-13: cold roast beef
- I served this with fresh fruit salad (melons, grapes, strawberries, pineapple) and potato salad.