I've made this once out of Flemish-Belgian pride. I think it is excessive elaboration; eye candy for restaurant chefs a.o. culinary professionals. It looks great in the pictures, but it's really not that exceptional. This is after all basically a chicken & vegetable soup with some extra cream.
I think this would be a waste of your time and effort at home, especially if you have to look after a few kids while you're trying to put food on the table. It is imo way too complicated in ingredients and preparation method for the average household.
You can easily enough adapt this to your (and my) home situation. The following will give you a good imitation in less than a quarter of the time:
- Stick to the chicken and the last set of vegetables.
- Use only a few spices, those you are most familiar with.
- Skip the first part of making a separate vegetable broth.
- Cook the chicken together with the vegetables.
- When serving, add some heavy cream to the soup.